Sustainable Water Drinking Solutions
Disaster Aid Europe uses SkyHydrants purchased from the Non-Profit SkyJuice Foundation to bring safe, clean, drinking water to communities in many countries that need safe drinking water.
- The SkyHydrant water purification unit produces safe drinking water without the need for power or chemicals
- The SkyHydrant is a low cost, lightweight (18 kg) portable and easy to deploy in the field
- Operating functions are simple and manual, with virtually no consumables
- Safe water for less than $1 per person per year
- Designed to produce water for 500-1000 people as stand alone unit, or can be configured for larger capacity.
- A single unit can produce up to 1000 litres per hour.
- Clean drinking water can be produced from the majority of non-saline surface and ground water.
How does the SkyHydrant™ Work?
The core of the system is an ultrafiltration (UF) membrane, consisting of thousands of microporous hollow fibres.
Harmful bacteria, micro-organisms, dirt and other contaminating particles are removed as they are unable to pass through the pores.
No chemicals, coagulants, pumps or energy are required for the filtration process.
The system operates under gravity with typical head pressure of 2-4 metres.
Cleaning process is simple and manual taking just a few minutes a day.